Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Piala Hua Lo-Geng

I went to a Mathematic competition last Sunday which held at ChongHwa independent School's Hall. It may be the first time i represent school for the Mathematic Competition and first time I be at ChongHwa independent school. It has a school area and a nice garden as what i saw. But.. their toilet and classroom are not as what I expected.

The Competition began on 9.30 am. We entered the exam hall at 9.00 for the initial ceremony. The question is quite tough and it is in two languages form- Chinese and English . I don't know do most of it, Even some easy question that I had learned before, that is lower form question. >< So, I think I have to do some revision on my previous studies. I wonder I still can handle mathematic as well as what i had done at the previous year.

Here are some (insist that it have more and more questions) questions that I don't know do yet.

1. Let x be the 3 digit number such that when x is divided by 4, the remainder is 3, when x is divided by 25, the remainder is 21. Find the sum of the last 2 digit of x.
A- 2
B- 5
C-6
D-8
E-****

2. Find the radius of the circle inscribed by the triangle bounded by the x-axis, y-axis and x+y=1.
A- 1-(0.5)(square root of 2)
B- (0.5)(square root of 2)
C- 1
D- 0.5
E-****

3. Find the distance from P(0,3) from (y square) = x.
A-2
B-square root of 3
C-square root of 5
D-3
E-****

4. A triangle has sides a,b and c and the radius of the circle inscribed inside is r. Suppose the area of the triangle is twice that of the circle. Express r in terms of a, b and c.
A-2(a+b+c)/ pi
B-(a+b+c)/4(pi)
C-(pi)/2(a+b+c)
D-2(pi)/(a+b+c)
E-****

There are more questions that i still don't know how to do ( almost all of it). ><

No comments: