Monday, September 10, 2007

BIO first experiment

Last Friday we have went to the Bio Laboratory for our first Bio experiment. It is fun, man! But the preparation job have made us rush all the way.We have to catch our specimen before the day of experiment. We have to catch one housefly and a locust for our experiment.

A week before the experiment day, we had think about all the possible location that may be locust habitat. We had went to few places to check either there was a locust habitat or not, Jennifer's neighborhood (Wangsamaju), my neighborhood (Sentul) and Wen Ze's neighborhood (Melawati) as some examples. Some of other had went to other place too, such as Sri Gombak, Chonghwa Area (12 floor) and other places that possible. After discovered those place, my gang had found that some area which located at Melawati, that is, Wen Ze's neighborhood had a lot of grasshopper. We went to her house for a lunch then started our mission to catch grasshopper. As a reward, we had caught nine grasshoppers, but it's quite small for our specimens. My leg had been bite by a insect that i don't know it's name. It suck my blood and made my leg flood of blood. It's disgusting, man! So, as a last decision, we used crickets as our specimens ( we bought it). Even it may destroy our hardness to get the grasshopper, but it had gave us a good memory about the catching of grasshoppers. I were fully enjoyed it.

Another specimen, that is, houseflies had made me headache. I don't know where to get it. A day before the experiment, Eik Ee and I went to Sentul to search for the houseflies at night but unfortunately we failed to get anyone of it. there is no flies available at night of Sentul! We had ask for our friends' help to get some to us, but they were also faced their own problems, many of them were died or can't catch any fly as what we face to. At last, those who can not get fly may have to catch it at school. Fortunately, Our school rubbish ban have a lot of flies. almost all of us who couldn't get flies or specimen had died went to there for the catch.

Last Friday, we went to the laboratory and started our specimen. Firstly, we put some chloroforms into the container which contain our insects. The insects died and we started placed it at the polister and started arranged it's shape especially theirs legs. Some of them had made their legs gone, and I'm one of them. ><><

2 comments:

CLF said...

Sounds fun, you should've ask me join too hahah.

Use logic to find or catch them with bait. I know talk easy but do hard.

Ask someone take camera go take photos or record like I usually did last time, hehe.

vincent lam said...

but unfortunately none of us bring camera. My camera's battery charger broke already.. >< so no more battery supply and the most important thing is.. i didn't see my camera for few months already.. ><