Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Report of RIMUP

At 20th of August 2007, Liew Haw Jiun and I go to SMK Seri Bintang Utara at around 2.00p.m. All the KL's representatives have to gather at SMK Seri Bintang Utara for a pre-RIMUP day. The JPWPKL officers told us something that we should know about RIMUP. This may be a good chance to us to live with other race because most of my friends are Chinese. I have never be with other race. In addition, this may cause less problems that appear during RIMUP activities because we know what are we going to do in these few days.

At 21th of August 2007, All of the Kuala Lumpur's representatives embark to Ipoh by bus. All representatives from whole Malaysia been divided into 9 groups and I was in a group which wen to Kerian, Perak. Locality government of Kerian had held a welcome ceremony to 'Kerian' group at the first night. We had visit a historical place and an exhibition center at the next day. We also have a chance to sit for boat. Furthermore, there were also a sport competition among 'Kerian' group mates and the villagers, It was a good experience for me because I have never sit for boat before and I have a chance to visit the historical place. But, Unfortunately, the historical place is just have three large 'hole' without any ancient evidence, In addition, the sport competition were hit it's target -- improve racial unity and made a good relationship between participates. After having all of these, we back to the inn that we stay and enjoyed the locality school's performances.

All the RIMUP participates had to back Ipoh on 23th of August. We have to sit for a course of the effect of bribes against country and family and family's love. This course had successfully increase my hates against bribes. We went to a neighborhood which located at Ipoh at the next day. We get to know the neighborhood, that is, Taman Mutiara history background, the problems that they are facing and we had created a good relationship with them. Unfortunately, some activities had been canceled at 24th of August. All participates have to stay in the hotel. But, in the other hand, it create a good chance to allow the participates to know more about their room mates. I had know more about my room mate especially more about Islam, for an example, how they pray.

The next day, 25th of August, we went to a field to create 'dodol' with the villagers and National Service's participates. It is a good experience for me because I do not know anything about the process to make 'dodol' After the 'dodol' making process, all participates went to a school to look for a F1 sho. The F1 show is not at what I expected. It just show up some 'little cars' but it had successfully show up the technology of Malaysia.

The last day, 26th of August, was the ending ceremony. All participate have a chance to look for our PM, Abdullah Badawi. Some of them may fortunately shake their hand with Badawi but i didn;t have such a good luck because I sat quite far from him. The ending ceremony have a stain. There were a technical problem appear during the ceremony. A performance could not been perform nicely because of the technical problem. At last, the performance had been canceled because the lacking of times.

Holistically, RIMUP have given me a good memories and made a lot of friends to me especially other races, such as those races from Sabah and Sarawak. The duration from a place to another place had taken a very long time. Almost all the participate did not waste the times in bus. We get to know more about other bus mates or just take a good nap in the bus. Most of my friends from RIMUP and I did not have enough sleep during RIMUP because the timetable is quite full. So we wont waste up any time that may take a good nap. We were also had many chances to test on the villagers' traditional foods. We were given 5 meals in a day during RIMUP. We also been presented a lot of souvenirs. I get many souvenirs especially from 'Kerian' peoples. In a conclusion, I felt that RIMUP have increase the strength of unity of all races of Malaysia in the participates.

Prepared by,
(Mr. Lam)

2 comments:

CLF said...

Hahah good to hear you enjoy it. Talk about JPWPKL, reminds me of the Geo SPM seminar they setup last year which I attended.

Also, what you experience from this trip more or less touches the main theme of NS as well, the racial unity part. Perhaps you can take it as a very short term NS? Excluding all the strict-discipline and bald hair. Hahah....

Got pics? I'd love to see it. Upload to your Flickr!

vincent lam said...

urm.. about those picture.. i am sad to talk about it..
firstly, I didn't brig my camera to there..
secondly, I had downloaded those picture but My sister had just formatted computer..Pictures lose!
Thirdly, my friend haven upload those picture to internet, so i can't get it. ><
hopefully i can get it back too.. haha..